Italian Top Sirloin Steaks
Serve pasta and a salad to complete the meal.
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 (3/4-inch-thick) top-sirloin steaks (about 2 pounds)
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
1 teaspoon pepper
Stir together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
Sprinkle steaks evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub with garlic mixture. Cover and chill steaks at least 2 hours.
Sprinkle steaks evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Preheat a two-sided contact indoor electric grill according to manufacturer’s instructions on HIGH. Place steaks on grill rack, close lid; grill 7 to 9 minutes (medium-rare) or to desired degree of doneness. Cut steaks in half.
Note: When using an outdoor gas or charcoal grill, grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 7 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Southern Living, MARCH 2004
- Smashed Potatoes
- Simple Cranberry Sauce
- Rosemary Roast Potatoes
- Jane’s Carrot Souffle
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Gingerbread Boy
- Joan’s Pumpkin Pie
- Sour Cream Cranberry Cake
- Never-Fail Cake
- Best Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting
- Mixed Green Salad with Oranges, Dried Cranberries and Pecans
- Caesar Salad
- Peter’s Favorite Salad
- Green Beans with Sauteed Shallots and Mushrooms
- Grilled and Glazed Pork and Pineapple Kabobs
- Apple Cider Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Barbecued Country Style Ribs
- Balsamic Pork Chops
- Balsamic Garlic and Herb Chicken Thighs
- Chicken A La King
- Old-fashioned Meatloaf
- Grilled Flat-Iron Steak Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes and Feta
- Italian Top Sirloin Steaks
- Peppered New York Strip Steak
- Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry