Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
1 pound fresh asparagus
12 ounces top round steak, cut into thin strips
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
4 small carrots, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups hot cooked rice
Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut spears into 1-inch pieces, and set aside.
Dredge steak in flour; set aside.
Stir together soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, hoisin sauce, and crushed red pepper.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add beef and carrot, and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add asparagus, bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions, and stir-fry 3 minutes. Serve over rice.
Prep: 25 min., Cook: 10 min.
Vegetable Stir-fry: Omit round steak and flour, and stir-fry vegetables as directed above.
Yield: 4 servings
- Smashed Potatoes
- Simple Cranberry Sauce
- Rosemary Roast Potatoes
- Jane’s Carrot Souffle
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Gingerbread Boy
- Joan’s Pumpkin Pie
- Sour Cream Cranberry Cake
- Never-Fail Cake
- Best Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting
- Mixed Green Salad with Oranges, Dried Cranberries and Pecans
- Caesar Salad
- Peter’s Favorite Salad
- Green Beans with Sauteed Shallots and Mushrooms
- Grilled and Glazed Pork and Pineapple Kabobs
- Apple Cider Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Barbecued Country Style Ribs
- Balsamic Pork Chops
- Balsamic Garlic and Herb Chicken Thighs
- Chicken A La King
- Old-fashioned Meatloaf
- Grilled Flat-Iron Steak Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes and Feta
- Italian Top Sirloin Steaks
- Peppered New York Strip Steak
- Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry