Balsamic Garlic and Herb Chicken Thighs
Prep: 10 min., Cook: 23 min.
Put the noodles on to cook when you start the chicken so that everything’s done on time.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 skinned and boned chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
1 (1.6-ounce) envelope garlic-and-herb sauce mix
1/2 cup sliced green onions (about 4)
Hot cooked egg noodles
Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
Brown half of chicken in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and oil, reserving drippings in skillet.
Add wine and vinegar to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles and garlic-and-herb sauce mix until combined. Return chicken to skillet. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5 minutes or until done. Stir in 1/4 cup green onions. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Garlic Herb Sauce Mix, which can be found with the Italian sauce mixes in the pasta aisle of the grocery store.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
Southern Living, JANUARY 2005
- Smashed Potatoes
- Simple Cranberry Sauce
- Rosemary Roast Potatoes
- Jane’s Carrot Souffle
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Gingerbread Boy
- Joan’s Pumpkin Pie
- Sour Cream Cranberry Cake
- Never-Fail Cake
- Best Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting
- Mixed Green Salad with Oranges, Dried Cranberries and Pecans
- Caesar Salad
- Peter’s Favorite Salad
- Green Beans with Sauteed Shallots and Mushrooms
- Grilled and Glazed Pork and Pineapple Kabobs
- Apple Cider Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Barbecued Country Style Ribs
- Balsamic Pork Chops
- Balsamic Garlic and Herb Chicken Thighs
- Chicken A La King
- Old-fashioned Meatloaf
- Grilled Flat-Iron Steak Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes and Feta
- Italian Top Sirloin Steaks
- Peppered New York Strip Steak
- Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry